H4 Dependent Visa

Family members of H-1B visa holders are admitted to the United States in the H-4 category.  Qualifying family members include the H-1B visa holder’s spouse, and children under 21 years of age.  Family members are admitted for the same period for which the principal family member is admitted on an H-1B visa.

Effective May 26, 2015, H-4 dependents were permitted to seek employment authorization, and finally work in the United States.  The Department of Homeland Security extended eligibility for employment authorization for H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B visa holders.  This was great news for H-4 visa holders, as many were dependent on their H-1B spouses, however they could not seek employment in the United States.  This rule will help reduce stress on dependents of H-1B visa holders, as in addition to employment, they can also obtain drivers licenses, bank accounts, and social security numbers.

Contact Us

Shupe Dhawan
888 SE 3rd Ave., Suite 202
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Call: (954) 507-7220

Please complete the form below, and we will contact you shortly.
* Required Field
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button