K-1 Fiancée Visa

The K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa is a way for United States Citizens to bring their foreign fiancé(e) to the United States to get married.  With this visa, the citizen files the appropriate paperwork and the fiancé(e), and any unmarried children, are granted a visa to enter the United States.  Once in the United States, the fiancé(e) and the citizen have 90 days to get married.  After the citizen and fiancé(e) are married, the citizen can apply for a Green Card (adjustment of status) for their spouse, and any accompanying children.  The new spouse can also apply for work authorization so they can begin working after entering the country.

The requirements to qualify for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa are:

  1. The applicant must be a United States Citizen;
  2. The applicant must be free to marry, and any previous marriages terminated;
  3. The applicant and fiancé(e) must marry within 90 days of entering the country; and
  4. The applicant must have visited the fiancé(e) at least once in the last two years.

At Shupe Dhawan we can help you apply for this type of visa for your foreign fiancé(e) and can discuss other possibilities for you to petition for your fiancé(e) to move to the United States.

Contact Us

Shupe Dhawan
888 SE 3rd Ave., Suite 202
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Call: (954) 507-7220

Please complete the form below, and we will contact you shortly.
* Required Field
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button