Requirements to Apply For United States Citizenship and Naturalization
Naturalization is the process of becoming a United States Citizen and has many requirements.
Some of the requirements to apply for United States Citizenship are below:
- Your green card must have been obtained lawfully;
- You must be of good moral character;
- You must not have committed any serious crimes or crimes of moral turpitude;
- You must have lived in the United States for the minimum statutory required time which is between 3-5 years;
- You must have registered for selective service;
- You must pass a citizenship test, which requires you to read, write, and speak English, unless you qualify for an exemption, and answer questions as to United States history and civics;
- You must demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 3-5 years;
- You must have been physically present in the U.S. for at least 18 months to 30 months;
- You must demonstrate an attachment to the ideals and principals of the United States Constitution; and
- And finally you must take an oath of allegiance to the United States.
Ft Lauderdale Immigration Lawyers Shupe Dhawan are here to help with your US Citizenship Application.